Old 08-22-14, 08:02 PM
landdnl

Bikes: Cinelli Experience, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 250, Pro-Lite Bella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Questions on nex XC Build

When building up my road bike, REI shipped me a cx fork instead of a road fork. I was set to return it but decided to keep it for an eventual cx build, which is now. It's a 1-1/8" full carbon Shimano Pro, 45 rake, cantilever/v-brakes, and white detailing on sides. I don't really have a budget set out, but I'm not going to break the bank on this build. Where I live, there is a old Katy RR tracks converted to The Katy Trail, which consists of crushed rock used by pedestrians and cyclists. This is the safest route to get to a lot of good bike riding on large hills south of where I live. Cx is totally new to me, so I have a few simple questions.

Frame: Started looking on Ebay. CAAD X $450+$150 shipping(yikes, from Taiwan)
2006 Kona Jake the Snake CX $300
Soma Double Cross $420
LYNSKEY COOPER CX Ti $1000

I'm going to try to keep this build pretty light. Any other suggestions on frames. The BB doesn't have to sit high since I don't intend to go over rocks, tree branches, etc. Thinking about TRP CX-9's with a 105 drive train I already have. What wheels/tires(25mm) would you recommend? I'm partial to GP4000s on my road bike. Is there anything else cx specific that I should know about? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by landdnl; 08-23-14 at 02:16 AM.