View Single Post
Old 08-23-14, 07:01 PM
Blerp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question about which bike I should get.

Hello so my question is... which bike should I get?

Fixed gear bike, road bike, or a mountain bike? I live in a decently populated community and it's very busy. It's also very tough to get to work because it does take me a while to get there. So mainly I would use it for work, but once I get my bike I plan to use the bike for exercise almost daily. This is because I can't run because of my feet problems, but I noticed biking doesn't hurt my feet at all. This is another reason why I want to get a bike.

I did come here for a suggestion and I know everyone is going to have their opinions, but I tried out a road bike and also a mountain bike and I like how fast a road bike is. Mountain biking on the streets of my city is slow and also very strenuous. I don't like riding on a mountain bike.

Also I do want to mention that fixed gear bikes are also very interesting to me. I would love to find out more about them.

My crotch to the floor distance is 30-31 inches and I'm 5 feet and 6 1/2 inches. What size frame do you guys recommend and which bike should I buy?

Thanks again!