View Single Post
Old 08-27-14, 07:55 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3770 Post(s)
Liked 1,036 Times in 784 Posts
I don't believe the other guy is at fault, but clearly the guy shouldn't have been going that fast on a bike path, that's why I always ride on the roads -- I'm a speed demon. He could easily be at fault of causing an accident while riding in such a way on a bike path. I never ride those speeds when I do ride on paths.

However, regardless, if you ride a bike enough you're going to crash: you cannot ride so much as to become so proficient to avoid accidents.

Your crash caught my attention, because it was my first crash when I first started riding back in the mid-80's, but I was on a road and merely drifted off the road from a momentary loss of attention -- I also didn't stop and attempted to get back on the road. I also went flying, but my flight path was back into the road and landed very hard in the center of the road, but somehow I (without thinking) jumped up and scooted out of the road away from traffic. To this day I still think of that accident when I get too close to the side of the road.

I just recently had another accident from my front wheel taco'ing and jamming against my front brakes; it's basically the same thing, you go flying over the handlebars in a very short period of time. Here's more of a description of that accident http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cy...-happened.html

It's just part of riding