Old 08-27-14, 12:22 PM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
I'm going to get to 200 miles for the month on my commute into work tomorrow. I'm getting a bit of knee pain and I think I need to get a better fit on my bike but I'm hoping I can get to 300 miles for the month. I'd have to push pretty hard to get to it but if I can get there it will be my first ever 300 mile month.

But first... 200 miles.
Congrats!
Everything above points to continued sustainable progress.
2 things really stand out:
with rest your legs got stronger!
And your incredibly positive attitude.
Both speak to great recovery abilities!

Life has settled down. Figured out a way to add a second commute on weeks with a good schedule. Drive up to park and ride...
PARK AND RIDE....
Cuts ~10 miles off (both ways!) but more importantly cuts out the nasty climbs on the way home!

BP meds still causing troubles. Pretty much settles it, I'm gonna have to drop weight even if it does trash my strength. Also time to start an interval a week (indoors) to try and get speed up, but more importantly the only thing that brings down blood pressure w/o nasty sides is bike rides. Oddly pressure drops after riding. It goes way up after lifting...

So gonna take your cue and start a work out log.

Glad to hear your taking knee pain serious and engaging professionals. Hopefully, its some little tweak in the fit.