Old 08-27-14, 03:37 PM
enigmaT120

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Fargo 2, Rocky Mountain Fusion, circa '93

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
There was no ownership sign at the gate. Other places in this county that have been gated like that are usually a combination of BLM and private, usually either Weyerhauser or Roseburg, where the BLM actually owns/maintains the road. The O&C lands are basically a checkerboard of BLM/private, so it's tough for one entity to own the entire road for any distance and most fire season closures have been restricted to motor vehicles (likely due to the fact that there are so few people on bikes hereabouts). I could check it out on the county land records site, but I'm too lazy and I don't want to find that I'm not supposed to ride there. It's just too nice to stay away from.
Oh. Cool. Here the signs at the gats say no motorized vehicles most of the year (bicycling heaven for me) but for fire season they are saying "no public entry" and I was stopped by a state cop one year whilst running up there with my dog, and told not to be there. So I stopped. I ride and run directly from my own skid road onto Weyerhauser's roads. No gates at our boundary though.