Old 08-27-14, 04:07 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by indigo
Last Tuesday night crit of the season. Fast Freddie showed up and showed us all what real power is. I was in the break with him for 3 laps and then i couldn't hold on. All the strava records got broken.

Coming into the sprint i locked bars with another guy and went down hard. Broken clavicle. Ugh. I guess best to do it at the end of the season after I upgraded.

Will call orthopedist today.
Damn, sorry to hear that. I know what it's like lol! It's really not too bad though, as far as training goes. A bit of forced rest and easing back in feeling fresh.

---------------

My usual long group ride today. Today wasn't too much distance (50 miles), but over 5000 ft of climbing, much of it on dirt.

Tried to clip in up a hill, couldn't get it fast enough and stepped down scraping my skin off on the chainring. Then on the dirt climb we hit a steep bit, the guys in front of me unclipped and I tried to ride the edge of the single track around. Didn't work and put my knee down onto a rock for some more blood (actually quite a lot; the whole front of my shin ended up bloody!) Then Katheryn made it the whole trail without unclipping, only to draw blood hitting her knee on a fence post!