lphilpot
Saved by Grace

Bikes: Only one at a time; currently a 2012 Specialized Tricross Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamestique
No no really... my BF has the same problem - he would love to wear Sidi's but they aren't made wide enough (he did find a mega width Sidi but it was still too narrow - more like a "C" width than "D" or "EEE"...
I'm just the opposite. As a kid (through high school) I wore size 12 AA when I could find them. My mother could wear AAAA and even AAAAA at times, depending on the shoe. Now, that was heading on 40 years ago and I think my feet have widened a bit, but I've also just learned to deal with the fact that narrow shoes simply aren't available any more, at least at normal pricing and availability. I come from a family of long, narrow feet. Plus, my left foot is about 1/2" longer than my right (which rules out loafers). And, shoe sizes don't seem to be anywhere near as consistent as in the past.

All in all, if the shoe is even close, "the shoe fits" in my opinion. I can't hope for better. Bike-wise, my Shimanos seem to fit well enough - At least, if something hurts after a ride it's not my feet!