View Single Post
Old 10-21-05, 08:08 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
I am wondering, however, if it would make any sense for me to buy a Dahon for a couple of other purposes, namely being able to easily take it on public transport (subway) during rushhour when regular bikes are disallowed, as well as brief non-touring trips (under 4 days) when I simply don't feel like dismantling and re-building my BF two times for such a brief trip. On the couple of occasions when I have folded my BF for rushhour trains, I found it too cumbersome and awkward. I am not big and strong. I'm about 5' 6" (166 cm) and weigh under 130 lbs (under 59 kg).
I'm about your height and trying to get to your weight with my Dahon. I've been saying the Dahon makes the perfect beater, commuter bike. It's not really a racing or touring bike although people do tour on them. I would find it expensive to beat up a Bike Friday as a commuter with snow, mud and rain.

The best transportation bikes are the 16' inch wheel models like Brompton and Dahon Presto. A lot of people don't feel comfortable with the smaller wheel base so test out before buying.