View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 09:34 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Liked 1,700 Times in 1,027 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Most of the folders I have seen you can adjust the bars enough to reduce the reach and height. I have a couple of vintage Raleigh Twentys that fit people from 4'-2" to over 6'.

Aaron
Most you've seen? Hmm, most of the folders I see in the USA are Dahon, and offer no reach adjustment. I see Tern and Citizen a bit, and most of those offer no reach adjustment.

I guess if you live in a very affluent area you may see more Bromtons with their availaable upright bar, which you could rotate backwards, and some others do have stems that can be changed like Montague, but I'd be very, very surprised if my statement that most folding bikes offer no reach adjustment was not true. Even then, in my experience, the front-center length on bikes designed for adults is often too long for kinds to really handle confidently. They can do it-- I've put 9year olds on my Dahon, but it's far from ideal in terms of stability and handling, I believe.

The 20 has been out of production for, like, 40 years, so I fear not terribly relevant, though something like the Citizen Barcelona is similar.

Last edited by chaadster; 09-17-14 at 09:38 AM.