Thread: BF frame only?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-05, 11:12 AM
spambait11
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by v1nce
If the Tikit is non suitable for touring or longer rides for example that would put me off.
It was specifically designed for commuters. Don't know if touring was a primary consideration.

But if BF manages to clinch a folder that rides (almost) as well as and is (almost) as versatile/standardized as their other models and folds (almost) as well as the Brompton to boot, welll the 16 inch thing becomes a non-issue then doesn't it...? Especially if the price is reasonable and i'd say 900 is fairly reasonable. I am not into 20 inch for the sake of 20 inch but for the advantages it often brings. As for Tires, well if there are 1 or 2 tires in 16 inch that meet my requirements i'd be fine with that.
Well, if you're not into extreme modifications, the lowest end Brompton is in the ~$600 range, and is available now. If you like to modify things a lot, then forget what I just wrote (Brompton is a PITA to modify).

Sure what i would like is the Holy Grail of folders in some ways, but i am hoping someone can pull it of one day.
Don't we all.