View Single Post
Old 09-26-14, 02:29 PM
piratusus

Bikes: Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After having ridden a few times on my salvaged Fuji Royale II I am starting to notice that my wheels may need some work, there seems to be a minor bit of wobble in both wheels. I am debating between doing the work myself, or taking to the bike shop and having them do the work. As I currently have only the one bike and I don't want it to be out of action for any length of time while the wheels are being worked on, I thought about buying a second wheel set. I thought I would ask and see if people typically do that - that is, have two sets of wheels so their favorite bike is not out of commission when they have to do work on the wheels. Also, I am debating whether it might actually be more economical to try and find a cheap 2nd bike that I can either swap the wheels off of or ride while I am working on the wheels, or buy new or used wheels. I am on a fairly tight budget, so I don't have a whole lot of wiggle room to make mistakes, and I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but fairly new to working on bikes, so doing the work will take me longer than most experienced people, plus my time is somewhat limited. I have no intention of riding any races soon, so I don't care about getting the latest hi-tech stuff, I just enjoy riding by myself on the local bike path. (Example - I rode 24 miles in the rain at a 14 mph pace on Wednesday, lot of fun and saw more deer than people...)

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions about getting a second set of wheels and caveats, I would appreciate it.