Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
A little humor to lighten the topic:

So, you are hoping you can construct a defense by claiming that you are being harrassed due to financial contributions to the opponent of who Ruthig supported?

Back to my opinions:

With the wide range of law suits, and no way to prevent someone from suing simply to make someone's life miserable, I personally would put little hope on the ability to effectively use law suits as precedence. Now, if there were criminal charges against the officer for harrassment, I would be more apt to be able to believe a defense that includes this information. I place little faith in people that file civil suits instead of going for criminal charges, although perhaps the bar owner attempted that, and it was just omitted from this report...

If there truly is nothing more to your case, then along with seeing a lawyer, you should be reporting this to the agencies responsible for oversight... City to county to state... and don't stop until there is an investigation.

You are probably heading deeper down a rat hole if your only defense is that the officer has been sued for harrassing a bar owner... more likely to be a good tie in if the suit was about harrassing a motorist or cyclist...

A lawyer would surely offer better advice than me... and unless your plan is to sincerely apologize and throw yourself at the feet of the judge asking for mercy, you need one. I strongly suspect that nothing else will work.

While you may stumble on some information here, you will likely need a lawyer to effectively pull it off. A good lawyer could answer your questions in an initial consultation better than anyone here can give in a month.

Good luck!

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson