View Single Post
Old 10-15-14, 10:04 PM
El Matadurr

Bikes: Giant Escape City 2015

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just another update nearing the four-month mark. I ride the bike for commuting on average about 3 miles a day, and about 7 miles for warmups to some of my workouts. Impossible to accurately gauge how many miles I've logged since I don't use a cyclocomputer, but an estimation with my averages puts it at around 600 miles. I've had to wipe down the brake rims with alcohol recently to get road grit off (I ride the bike rain or shine), but the fenders do a great job keeping me and important bike parts clean and (mostly) dry. However, I wish the front fender went down a bit more to prevent that much more of stray road spray. May jerry-rig a mudflap if it gets bad in the winter.

Treads are doing great as well, the bike corners tight, and so far haven't needed to clean or lube anything aside from the brake rims.

Also, knock on wood, I haven't wrecked it again since my first major fall, despite many close run-ins with careless drivers and texting pedestrians.

Great bike, always open to questions if you have any! Otherwise, I'll update this thread if anything major happens, or more likely, when winter weather hits hard.