Old 10-16-14, 11:21 AM
dougmc

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro, Strada

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by no sweat
The Cree U2 LED has a 5000K color temperature minimum, I think that's where the "5000" comes from.
Well, except that the title was "Black Solarstorm 5000LM 2X CREE XML U2 LED Front Bicycle Bike Headlight Headlamp | eBay".

Usually "lumens" are abbreviated "lm" rather than "LM", but beyond that it's pretty clear what they're trying to say -- and they're not talking about the color temperature. And if you're still not convinced, the description read "④ 2 pcs CREE XM-L U2 LED, a maximum output of 5000 lumens" -- which should remove all doubt.

Of course, we know better, and that doesn't mean that the light is a bad purchase -- I just wish they'd be honest.

That said, I just picked up a pair of what looks like these exact lights on Amazon for $21 or so each (my kids wanted something better than the P7 flashlights they had on their bikes) -- and they are indeed very, very good. Not 5000 lumens good, but very good.

... and now they're $15 each, sheesh! (Though I did pay a few dollars extra to have them come from the US so they'd get here quicker.)

Last edited by dougmc; 10-16-14 at 11:29 AM.