Old 10-16-14, 07:32 PM
Jaywalk3r

Bikes: I own N+1 bikes, where N=0.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KantoBoy
It uses a 18650 battery which I also don't have. That mount costs around $10-15 already.

Honestly I don't know if I should bother with it since I got my eyes on a Lezyne Macro.
That host is pretty generic. I've got one (without an emitter) in a box somewhere that I've never used. There's nothing wrong with it, but you'll probably have trouble optimizing it for your needs compared to a P60 host.

Generic versions of the mount are less than $2, if you're willing to wait two or three weeks for delivery. (I PMed a link.)

I can't see the emitter clearly enough to determine what model it is.

Single cell 18650 lights offer great versatility, and that's the cell size for which the latest li-ion cell technologies first appear.

One of the advantages of using flashlights versus lights designed specifically designed for bikes is that they can be easily and inexpensively modified and optimized for your individual needs. You can have control over brightness, color temperature, color rendering index, beam shape, and battery life. As a general rule, you get much more bang for your buck by using flashlights.