cs1

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by hiracer
Paul:

The Alias fits just right. It's too hard! I'm a weenie. I come from recumbents, and like the uprights too. I just can't quite get the fit and saddle riddle figured out. The Alias is great for about 35 miles.

In case you missed my prior thread, which was in the Fifties Plus section, I rode the Swift in 50+ miles of driving hard rain. It stretched too loose. I let it air dry over three days. Road it and noticed it was still too loose, albeit it was dry to the touch. So I tightened the leather a bit. A few days later I noticed that it was too tight; it must have dried some more. So I overloosened to make sure I didn't hurt the leather.

Now I'm at the point that I need to find the right tension, plus I discovered that I don't slide forward as much when I was at that higher tension on the leather.

The Brooks is way more comfortable, but I don't like the sliding forward regime. If the nose goes slightly up, I get pressure where I don't want it. Need a level saddle.

So . . . I'm going to tension the leather to what feels good, and if that results in the sides splaying out, I'm gonna have to lace them up.

Thte Alias has some padding, but it seems to disappear after awhile. The leather on the Brooks seems a better way to go in terms of seat comfort, but the sliding forward increases hand pressure.
My Brooks was real slick when new. After it broke in it was a little harder to slide forward on it. I applies Proofride and let it dry. Now it is as slick as new. Try the Proofride, you will like it. Get a rain cover for the saddle too, about $10 on ebay.

Tim