a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i think the manitou pro x i have now (what came with the bike) is like 60mm

Do you have the BLUE FSR?

If so, you can safely go up to 80mm with very little noticeable difference. If you go up to a 100mm travel fork, it'll slacken the head tube angle, and the bike will steer noticibly slower. Not a bad thing if a lot of your riding is fast fireroads, but will suck if you ride tight twisty singletrack.

If you really want to upgrade your bike, you can get a new rear shock and link plate assembly and increase your rear travel to 6". Then, a 130mm fork will work just fine! The company that makes these is called MRP, mountainspeed I cruised their website and they don't have any info on this for your model, but I know they Used to make these. Send them an e-mail to see if you can get one still.

BTW, I had a '98 FSR Extreme, the neon green one. Same frame, and I wanted this upgrade, so I know they did make one at one time!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger