View Single Post
Old 10-26-05, 12:25 AM
spambait11
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ETRTO 520
Are you aware of Bike Forum members or others who have spread Dahon forks to 100mm?

Thanks.
Sorry, no. I agree with brakemeister and you that I would not want to spread these forks 26mm, but I am not aware of any off-the-shelf solutions for a 1 1/8" threaded fork for 20" wheels, except for the RANS recumbent LWB fork, but this fork is alloy and has tremendous rake - plus I think the head tube is too long anyway (though I know nothing about Dahon stems or dimensions in general).

If that solution does not work out, you can always talk to to J at Gaerlan since he makes folding bikes and knows Dahon's pretty well; in fact he might be able to custom manufacture a cromoly fork for you. Otherwise it wouldn't hurt to ask the guys at CAT, or go with that Swiss distributor. Or you can buy your own fork and tap and die set and thread it yourself. Fun!