Old 11-07-14, 09:59 PM
BikeCrazy24

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sekine Grand So
Hey,
My name is Scott, I am the grandson of Dennis Scott - the engineer who designed and built Sekine bikes in Matitoba in the early 70's.
My grandfather has been ahead of the times all his life. He engineered and built some of the first prototypes for alternative energy sources (solar and natural gas) and tried unsuccessfully to get them patented. Of course at the time this was not the train of though of Canadian polititions. All his forward thinking has only recently been revisited and patented by huge corporations; no kudos to my grandfather at all. Sekine bikes was just another example of him being too far ahead of the times. These were and still are some of the best bikes ever made.
I'd like to find a Sekine bike in great shape to give to my grandfather so he in turn can give it to his great grand son, Dennis.
Anyone care to part with there Sekine?
Greetings Sekine Grand So,

This is off topic, but you mentioned that you are related to a designer that worked at the factory in Manitoba back in the 70s. I am currently working on a Sekine project that likely requires the assistance of someone that worked at the factory. The thread is "Sekine Chrome Frame Bike"

It would be much appreciated if you could ask him take a look and let me know if he remembers anything about such a bike.

Thanks for any help.