Old 10-26-05, 01:42 PM
FlaTour
biker4life

Bikes: 7 bikes/3 folders

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My thought is,,it depends. If you are older or heavier then you might want to road test the bike 1st. You dont have to spend alot of cash if youre resourcefull.

I have had a number of folders.(6 in all) and I have regular bikes as well. A number of years back I got lucky. A retired couple had 2 Dahons (only 2 years old) and they sold them in a yard sale..$50 each.(!) I also found a rather heavy foldup/spanish made for $35 at a thrift store and I also found a WORKSMEN made in NYC for $35 from a guy who had just had hip surgury.(yeah,,I know a deal when I see one!;-)

I rode all of them alot initially. I am 6'1'', weigh over 200lbs and I didnt like the handling or the small handlebars of the Dahons at all. I sold the Dahons for a tidy profit and kept the other two....the heavy Spanish-made one(the components were VERY good) and the foldup I use most is the WORKSMEN. I since found a 1spd for FREE at the end of a nieghbors driveway(I suspect MOST people in USA dont cycle much and the foldup looks way too different to them and they go back to their Walmart Huffy..just my humble opinion)

Ive used the WORKSMAN for 8 years now. Ive cycled the Danube Radweg, most of the UK, Florida and MANY cities inbetween on the booming $105 I invested. The Dahons actually paid for my airfare that 1st year.

The Citizen looks fine to me..and are on sale at:
http://www.citizenbike.com/catalog.a...1&product_id=1