Old 11-25-14, 09:01 AM
valygrl

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
You should talk to your coach about your expectations and how you feel they are not being met. That is a lot of money, and you should get what you pay for - which would also mean both you and your coach agreeing about what you are paying for. My coach has 2 levels of coaching, i'm on the $200 level and get twice-weekly look at my power files (although the stated amount is weekly) and a monthly plan. Her more expensive level is $325 and includes daily power file review.

In terms of him not noticing stuff in your files - you should call out what you notice. Remember, you have additional information about how the workout felt and how you feel, over and above what the coach has. For example, if you are seeing a very high HR value and you know you were not working hard, and you think - oh that was my jersey flapping or there were power lines interfering... you can tell your coach, it's not fair to expect him to figure that out w/o the extra info you have. Coaching is a collaboration. Are you making notes on your power files? you should be!

this isn't to say your coach is or isn't doing a good job. But it's not fair to expect him to know as much about your riding experience as you do. The numbers don't tell the whole story.