View Single Post
Old 10-29-05, 07:00 PM
woodcycl
Cycle for life...

Bikes: Trek 5200 | Cannondale Six13 TeamOne | Cannondale Road Tandem | Cannondale Prophet 3 "Lefty"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The current stem I have, obtained from Tandem's east, provides me with higher (closer to the underside of the captain's saddle) stoker handlebar height. This is due to the tube that is attached to the captain's seat tube ... as it rides higher on the seat tube, the seat tube's bend at the top doesn' tallow the tube (that the stoker handlebar inserts into) to be placed as high. Thus, the riser stem that I'm using obtained from Tandem's east ... places the stoker handlebar truly right up into the rails of the underside of the captain saddle ... and the tube attached to the captain's seat tube is only mid-way up from the bottom.

You can see from the photos below what I"m talking about. And, the stock cannondale stem that inserts into the tube attached to the captain's seat tube, is a straight stem ... photo below also.

The new insert that is being used from Tandem's East is sticking out toward the stoker in a BIG way ... I cannot swap back to my original stock cannondale stem mentioned above due to the handlebar being several inches below the height of the stoker's saddle if I do so. Not to mention, that the stock cannondale insert/stem would force me to remove the handlebar tape, etc.

Edited to Add: The Cateye Astrale 8 doesn't appear to allow a straight mount as I hoped. No big deal.

06' Cannondale Six13 TeamOne
06' Cannondale Prophet 3 "Lefty"
92' Trek 5200