Old 01-26-15, 11:18 AM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Pandy01
Hi!
Dear friends,

I want to change my 8 speed Chorus freewheel, but i can't identify the model of my hubs so i can look for a 9 speed freewheel that is compatible.

I saw that old Chorus models have the freewheel from plastic, not from metal, as i do.

Can someone help me?

There are some photos with my rear hub.

Thanks!
1999-2006 Chorus with over-sized axle. 9/10/11 speed. You can tell it's 9/10/11 the deep splines with the stepped spline not present on 8 speed Record Titanium (regular 8 speed has shallow splines). The OS hub has a distinctive preload adjuster on the non-drive side and is noticeably chunkier than the 1998 and older design. 2007 OS hubs are black, Record only, and have a different adjuster.

If you want to run Shimano cassettes like the original thread poster current production Shimano splined Campagnolo/Fulcrum "over sized" freehubs will go on with some grinding, or you can drop in with a new axle FH-BO001.

Campagnolo 9/10/11 cassettes go right on. 8 speed cogs aren't officially compatible (the shallower splines made for harder steel freehub bodies can dent the softer aluminum) although the outer diameter matches and they fit. Campagnolo sold (sells?) spacers to put 8 of 9 cogs on.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 01-27-15 at 10:34 PM.