View Single Post
Old 11-01-05, 12:41 AM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by vosyer
I don't understand the comment about sugino being a budget crankset - some are but not all and some of their vintage 110 bolt pattern cold forged are better than much of what is produced today and going fast on ebay when they come up. I even have a set on a Bilenky Signature tandem with RaceFace rings. A good set of cantilevers are hard to beat - I am presently using Lx on my tourer with Mavic brake levers - but I have Bikes with Pauls, Pedersons, and lots of camy, and v-brakes. As for hubs it depends what mileage and weight you are planning to carry - I presently own Hugi, White Industry hubs, but my tourer is built up on xt hubs. I agree with everyone's comments good racks are hard to beat and worth the money - I prefer the tubus cargo and I don't remember the model of my front rack. Also I agree with the comments that good panniers are also worth the money in investing. A lot of this is just personal preferene - especially things like bike seats and tires
The current Sugino 110/74 46-26-26 can be had for under $100 so it is budget when you compare it with something like TA Zephyr or Shimano XTR