Old 11-01-05, 05:40 PM
Thor29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgregory57
Perhaps some day, I will even celebrate the efforts of those who have been involved with CM, but so far I see nobody proclaiming a cause I can get behind... If it is there, then I have simply missed it. I have no problem with people disrupting society for a cause, whether or not I believe in the cause, but CM riders I have read comments from explicitly say that they have no cause, so I simply don't get it.

Calling me names will not enlighten me... Do you have any information that will?
Every time I ride in Critical Mass here in San Francisco I get the same feeling that I'd get seeing the sunset over the Grand Canyon. It is a beautiful thing to behold. All those people riding bikes and having fun, being able to ride down the middle of streets normally choked with stressed out car drivers - it is a cause unto itself. There is no need for an overt political agenda. There is no need for approval in the form of permits. We show up; we ride.

Geez, do you look at the ocean and lament that all of that wave energy is being wasted on surfers or just moving the sand around? Have you ever done anything at all just for the fun of it? If you don't want to ride with us, then don't. No need to wish ill will on someone who was so thoughtful as to provide a sound system for those of us who do. Thanks bunnywrench, I hope you prevail against the joykillers.