View Single Post
Old 11-04-05, 06:40 AM
v1nce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well Pixel, what i am actually planning to do is to build a Ecological Autartic/autonomous (makes own solar elec, filters own water do you can drink it, has geothermic heat retention so no heating needed) Earthship/Cob Hybrid.

Now this my sound very complex but the beauty is that it is actuallty rather simple, dirtcheap and bulletproof (kinda like the twenty).

If you got no idea what the heck i am on about just check 'Earthships' and 'Cob Cottage' in google. The thing is that Cob is so easy/free form/soft and forgiving a way to build walls that i envision elderly/women/high school fieldtrippers everyone coming to help for a few days and sorting the walls. The excavation of the earth sunk earthship type thing would take a day with a Caterpillar backhoe. All that is left to do after these steps is a simple roof and installing the south facing glass as well as interior systems which i would like to take my time for, couple of months. In theory you end up with a very cheap house that has almost no running costs and outperforms all modern housing. Of course building costs and especially codes in EU are prohobitive so i also plan to emmigrate to either Australia or New Zealand (have taken quite some steps in that direction) and do it there. I fancy a change, decent climate and space anyway..

Anywwwwaaaayy (you are still following me ha ha?) i think having a real good floor plan and other drawings would make it even easier to envision and to get others to help. Hence one day i will need to make them... Maybe i could retain your services hmm....