Old 11-04-05, 10:15 PM
GreyGoat

Bikes: 85 Ross Mt Rainier(for winter road use), 86 Centurion Ironman Master, 92 trek 2300,2005 Iron Horse HollowPoint Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just broke a fibula, anybody have experience with this?

who is me.. broken fibula down near the end where it meets the ankle.. not all the way thru, but more like a splinter at the end..
I had been fighting a nasty cold all week and had'nt been able to ride for 4 days.. was planning to ride tonight after the "Family Night Basketball Party"... was fun watching all the kids play.. then near the end they group some of the coaches and dads together to play the big guys(8th graders)... I didn't really want to play.. I never played organized bball before anyway, and games like that are never worth the risk of down time from injury.. but they talked me into it.. and I was actually having fun for the few minutes I lasted, until there was a lose ball on the ground, I was picking it up, and the biggest of the 8th graders came diving in and took be out at the ankle.. now I go 6'2" 220lbs.. and this kid? was at LEAST 6'2" and had to have over 50lbs on me.. (they call him Shaq).. so wife dropped me at the local emergency room and went back.. by the time the smoke cleared they said I was right.. it was fratured.. good news is they said the bone density looked good(I'm 50 so I was curious if I had lost anything).. but now I'm down for the count(happened about 2 hours ago) in a splint waiting to schedule a visit to an ortho guy monday.. got some vicadin for the pain.. but that wont help with the pain of facing weeks of down time.. anybody have any experience with a lower fibula fracture? how long might it be before I can start PT on the bike?....good news is that it was not the tibia(weight bearing bone).... tell me something good, Chaka Kahn...