BruceMetras

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by yangmusa
I had a test ride of the Airnimal Joey yesterday:

http://www.airnimalfoldingbikes.com/M_JoeySport.php

FANTASTIC!!! It was light, responsive and VERY fast! I can't believe they ask £695 ($1230) for it here in England - I've seen it on sale in the USA for $899.95 (£508). That's sooooooo unfair!!!! Wonder if they'll still have the sale on when I move in January 2006?

Amazingly, given that it uses 24" wheels, it folds smaller than the Xootr Swift (the other bike on my very short short-list!). But it's necessary to remove the front wheel, I don't know how I feel about doing that every day.. It packs down into a suitcase in 5 minutes too! Having toyed with it, I believe their claim as it only requires wheels, seatpost & pedals to come off..

I wish Xootr had dealers near where I live, or anywhere within feasible travelling distance! I'd rather not buy untested.. even if I end up buying the Joey, I would prefer to test the Swift first at least to confirm which is better!

Magnus

I hate to throw fuel in the fire, but here goes anyway... I can highly recommend the Swift and it continues to be my first choice bike for high speed rides. It's light, fast, and was easy to tailor to what I wanted. I just love it. However, there seems to always be options. In the Airnimal camp, as with the Swift, we can order a Frameset. This opens up some interesting possibilities. To me, the Chameleon frameset looks tempting....haha..Magnus, I seem to remember you being a large fellow, so there is the possibility that you might be more comfortable on the larger frame with the 24" wheels.

Bruce