View Single Post
Old 11-05-05, 05:19 PM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treechunk
I heartily concur. A precise reminder that you don't screw with what you don't know, and there are REAL CONSEQUENCES TO YOUR ACTIONS!

I think the thing that causes almost every problem in the United States (the world at large as well, but most specifically here) is that there are not immediate negative consequences to actions. If people understood that doing the wrong thing would bring retribution, SO MANY problems would be SO much better.

right on. The only "consequeces" these days are a lawsuit by the wrongdoer. What the heck does it teach kids when they get in trouble at school and their parents first reaction is to sue the school. I used to laugh when my cousin was a little kid. Whereas i used to get my as$ whopped with a leather belt, his parents preferred the "time out" "punishment." I used to just shake my head and laugh as he'd sit on a chair for 10 min with a big grin on his face and then go back to doing whatever it was that got him in trouble in the first place. He was only upset he got caught. His parents wondered why he was so "out of control" later in life. While i don't favor beating children, I still firmly believe that pain is the best discipline technique. Think of when a toddler puts his hand on the stove---it hurts--so he doesnt do it. Same thing with discipline: I told my dad to eff off one time as a kid----the resulting consequence ensured that i never did again--in fact i dont even use the f bomb in front of my dad at all.

A good spanking will go a lot farther than 20 5 min time outs every week or a bottle of riddlin.

I gurantee that that whinney son of a yuppie i popped today wont be back on that bike path for a long time.