Old 11-07-05, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Requesting help from anyone knowledgable about this remote route in Northern CA

Im Mark and I am about to take a mini tour from San Benito county to Lucia near Big Sur, CA. I dont know if this is the right forum to be asking for this kind of help. I need to find out how to get to G14 Jolon Road which is on the west side of the 101 as I am coming from the east side of the 101 from G13. I will be coming from Hwy 25 onto G13 passing through King City. But I see on this great recourseful map online (recreationmaps.gov) that there is one alternate route I can take to get across 101 but wonder if this is taking me out too far time wise(I know "too far" and "time wise" is relative to the person's experience and desire but I just need to find if there are ways or a way to get to Jolon Rd w/out getting on to the 101 besides G15). The route G15 that runs paralel to 101 seems to connect to G14 and it looks like I will avoid getting on the 101 to get to G14 where I want to continue on to the town of Jolon. But im not sure if G15 will take me to G14 w/out getting me on to the 101. Is there a different way to get to G14 besides G15? I know these roads well since I have enjoyed them many times but only in my car. Never paid attention to the bike routes since I was not thinking about bicycling at those times. I appreciate anybody's help who is knowledgable about these routes via bike. Mark