Old 11-07-05, 07:50 PM
gossamerjohn

Bikes: Gary Fischer Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

I've done a lot of research for waterproof membrane jackets for backpacking. I have one I really like for backpacking, it's a Millet stretch Goretex jacket. I LOVE this jacket but it has NO ventilation other than the main zipper (with no bottom-up zip) so it's not really desireable for cycling.

I like the Showerpass jackets from what I can see on their site. Unfortunately they are out of my size until early December. In my experience with companies usually means 2-3 weeks later than that. Our autumn rains are late this year but are supposed to start later this week. Looks like I'll be going with the Pearl eVent jacket, the Trifecta is in stock at a couple places online.

The worst part of this whole thing has been that I've not been able to see anything live and in-person. There's only so much I can tell from a 2"x2" web photo with only ONE view.

In the winter, this jacket will mostly serve as a wind protection layer over a couple other layers. I REALLY like to ride when it's cold, like the 20s; so this jacket as part of a three-layer system should be the ticket.

Thanks again.