Old 05-29-15, 11:25 AM
Psych

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by janko
IMPORTANT - when ordering a Crumb128 5.0 please do not forget to specify a bootloader to be preinstalled. I made that mistake. I did not notice a check box for it on the chip45’s order page and I got a board that could not be flashed with their GUI. Fortunately, a local electronic shop has an inexpensive ISP adapter – usbtiny ($22 CND) which I used to install the BigXionFlasher software. Still, that simple mistake delayed me for few days for learning about MCU programming and tools used.
One more thing I would also recommend. Instead of buying hirose connectors and wire just buy a BionX communication cable extension. They come in different lengths – from 30cm to more than a meter. On this way you will avoid soldering those tiny pins which is next to impossible with any standard soldering tool. The connector is easy to unscrew so you can see which coloured wires you will need to cut.
Anyway – the final result is excellent. My good old 20” wheel 500W BionX system with the new 48V battery now goes over 50 km/h. The max speed when there is no load is just over 60 km/h, but with my weight and air resistance the real speed is around 50 on a level ground.
Hey, curious if you did the official BionX extension cable method? Would you just strip a portion of the cable in the middle and cut the neccesary 3 wires?

And am I reading the German site right in that you a connecting the Crumb128 so that the three wires come from one end of the connector, to the crumb128, then out to the other end of the connector? So it's just sitting in the middle on those three wires, passthrough on the others?

I hate soldering tiny things so the official bionx cable method might be really nice, if a bit more expensive!