Old 11-08-05, 07:28 PM
Blakey
\m/

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Martyr
just saying: plenty good enough for a worker like me. i commuted 50km every day on the velocity hubs in all weather and they haven't missed a beat
Gotcha, I thought you meant 'made by' not 'for' a workman. Mine get commuted on every day too and they're as good as the day I bought them.

i will break down the wheels and build a set of training wheels for the track with the velocity hubs.

they aren't really race quality - but i like em nonetheless
I agree, for the money I paid they're practically impossible to beat. And Velocity must think so too if they're offering them in their track wheelset.

is that cheaper than $137/pr oz?
Well, US$80-90 is AUD$109-122, so yes, but I wouldn't only order just a pair of hubs, and I split my orders with other people where possible to lower the shipping cost further. If that is what they're selling for then that's great, but the figure that a Velocity employee gave me was well up on that.

Originally Posted by nasty
i appreciate its not on the east coast, but ideal cycles in wa normally had a fair bit of track stuff knocking around. brand new, nos and second hand. http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideal/ the guy that runs it is old school eat london track tracer, definately worth a phone call... there's also a store in freemantle that has a hideous amount of nos campy stuff... but you'll have to do your own research for that... its worth it
Is that Steve at Ideal? I've bought some gear from him via AusPost before, thumbs up.