Wittyname
Some Guy on the Road

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot, Trek Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by largefarva
Thanks. We did get to go out and ride around the neighborhood some today. It was only a couple of miles but it was a whole lot more fun than walking the dogs, which we did do as sort of a warm-up to the ride. Felt really good to get on and just go for a bit. Although the saddle left much to be desired....might have to look into other options for that. It didn't feel too good even with wearing my bike shorts. I don't remember that as being much of a complaint from before, but it has been a while and I could have just forgotten about it.

What I do remember from when we first got the bikes is that I didn't like sitting so upright after a few weekends and wished that I had bought a different type of hybrid bike. Today I wasn't feeling that way but if over time I start having those thoughts I think I might look into another option....I've been eyeballing either an 8.4 DS or 8.5 DS as I think that would be the best of both worlds for me. Faster bike on the road that is capable of going on some of the bike trails we have in this area. But that will be further down the road....I promised my wife that I would give this a couple of months to be sure that we stick with it before we start considering the possibility of new bikes.
If you're looking to replace your Navigators, the DS is a nice bike. I'd take a strong look at the FX line as well. Ask yourself how often you'll be taking it on the dirt; I like my DS, but most of my riding is on pavement so in hindsight an FX may have been a more suitable choice. Plus, that 7.3 in bright green is fantastic...

Either way, as long as you're riding, you're doing better