Old 06-04-15, 06:32 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
I was walking at lunch yesterday and went past a place advertising bicycle rentals. I've seen it before and it always strikes me as a bit ... different. An art gallery which rents bicycles.

I just looked it up and here it is: ARTBIKES | Arts Tasmania

Apparently you can rent a bicycle for free if you return it on the same day (terms and conditions, of course).

(Hobart doesn't have a bike share program like larger places such as Melbourne do)
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I'm surprised that in all your travels that you never came across the Free White Bikes of the Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, NL.
Unique in every season ? Kröller-Müller MuseumThe museum is the home of some of the greatest 19th and early 20th Century art and has one of the world's greatest collection of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings as well as numerous other priceless masterpieces

The bikes can be used all day for riding in the adjoining Hoge Veluwe Nature Park. The Hoge Veluwe National Park ? Kröller-Müller Museum
The Park covers 5,500 hectares of woodland, heath, grasslands and shifting sands, and is the natural habitat for deer, moeflon and wild boar. On foot or on one of the free White Bicycles, you are free to roam around in nature, to naturally arrive at the museum, the finest treasure-house the Netherlands has to its name. The free White Bicycles (1,800 in total) are stationed at the three entrances to the Park, at the Visitors’ Center and at the museum.
These both sound like a lot of fun. Machka, would one be able to ride to the MONA on one of those free bikes?

"Think Outside the Cage"