View Single Post
Old 02-24-03, 05:30 PM
pnj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Flatland Freak
Ok, Ive never liked Mirra because he's a sell-out, but that takes the cake on idiotism. Hes "retired" anyway...what the hell does it matter??? WOW>..I REALLY HATE THAT GUY NOW!!!!!!!
there's not very many people that can make a living doing stunts on their bike.

He was keeping the "sport" alive before you even knew what a bmx bike was.

NO ONE makes it in bmx without having all the love it takes to do it. would you respect him if he worked at Domino's making pizza's and used the little money he got from that to buy bike parts, get himself to contests and pay rent?

who's more of a sellout? the guy that makes his living doing what he loves or the guy who goes to work EVERYDAY at some ***** job he could care less about just so he can buy some bike parts and ride when he gets off work?

the only person who hasn't sold out is the guy who has never had a job.

I would LOVE to be able to ride my bike at someone elses expense.

Dave Mirra didn't sell his soul, he rode his bike because he loved it. Don't forget that when Dave was learning multiple whiplashes you were crapping in your diapers. you serously think he was only learning how to ride for money back then?

I'll let the fact that you haven't been involve in bmx for very long go. So maybe you don't relize that never before has there been as much money in this "sport" as there is now. Anyone who is still riding after all these years (how long has Dave been riding? a damm long time for sure) is doing it for the love. if you can make a living doing what you love more power to ya.
most people never will.