View Single Post
Old 11-09-05, 10:24 PM
DannoXYZ 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
I've used it in the winter when weight-training as well when I was racing. But my strength had increased sufficiently after the first 5 years, that I really only needed 4-6 weeks of weight-training and didn't really need any supplements to build muscle-strength back up in between seasons.

You also have to remember with running and hiking, the peak muscle-forces are much higher than cycling. That's because even though you may be generating the same power, say... 250watts, cycling can do it continuously through a 360-degree pedal-revolution. However, hiking & running requires putting out enough force to generate that power only in 50% of the time, on the push stroke, and the other 50% is only loading up the muscles just enough to bring leg back forward again; a much lower force than pushing. So peak muscle force on an endurance event may be 80-100lbs on the pedals while running at that same power-output will require you to push 150-175lbs. Thus at the same power-output with running, the muscles are much closer to their lactate-threshold where creatine may make a difference.

Last edited by DannoXYZ; 11-10-05 at 12:47 AM.