Old 07-07-15, 10:50 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by kba
Hi

I am fairly new to road biking. A skill that would be helpful for me to have is being able to keep pedaling, grab my water bottle, drink water, and put it back. I know this is a VERY basic skill, and I see those who ride with me do it very easily.

I was able to grab the water bottle but too scared to put it back while in motion. I tried to practice getting confident in pedaling with only having one arm on the handlebar. I did not last too long or started wobbling side to side.

Any tips on gaining this skill? I am hoping I don't need to get a hydration backpack for a long road ride I want to do, and I also know its better to keep going and not stopping every time you need a sip of water (the weather will be hot July 19th in Iowa, so I know I will need to take sips frequently)

Thanks
The same way you get to Carnegie Hall.

And once you've mastered that, start working on riding no handed, taking food from your jersey pockets, eating, putting on/taking off clothing.

Last edited by caloso; 07-07-15 at 01:36 PM.