View Single Post
Old 07-09-15, 06:28 AM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Glad you are ok and the people showed their concern. What happened to the person on the other bike that you made contact with?

Originally Posted by Podagrower
Compact double crank. Planning to mix in some cogs out of an 11-28 so I can have a nice tight group of gears around 15 tooth and the 36 (its a sram cassette, the 3 largest gears are 1 spider, but the others are independent.)

Today was a nice full club ride, about 170 members of differing abilities. I opted for a 31 mile ride of C pace. It was a little slow, but an enjoyable ride, until I wrecked at mile 28ish. I half wheeled the rider in front and went down hard. Helmet deformed, wondering how did I get road rash there, wondering if I cracked some ribs. Everybody was trying to help, but I had to get on the bike and finish, its my first big accident since I started riding, and its a mental thing...if I don't get up and finish now, when will I get back on the bike. I started a little slow, because I really just wanted to be with a small group and let everyone else go, but they all wanted to make sure I was all right, so I pulled away, taking the people with me I wanted and ignoring the "gap" being called out. I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to suck...