Old 02-27-03, 01:37 PM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mostly road going, but there will be some rough terrain involved so I don't want to go with a hybrid, I was pretty reckless when I used to BMX so I expect that my mountain bike will be put through the same conditions...
Please clarify! Are you going to just "ride around the neighborhood, or are you going to be doing some aggro riding like you would BMX style, jumping, sprinting, launching off curbs and jumps.

If your tendency is to go more aggro, I'd suggest a bike more along the lines of Specialized P.2! and a lot of others of that style Haro Escape 8.1, K2 Disco Monkey,....etc.

I had a Specialized P.3 (2000 model) very similar to this year's P.2, that I used for pretty aggro XC riding and smaller drops. I loved to jump the thing. And basically had a ball doing whatever! I used to say, it was like a BMX Cruiser on Steroids, and gears.

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger