View Single Post
Old 11-13-05, 08:30 PM
DocF
Older Than Dirt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too am a Brooks fan. I had one on my first remotely good bike when I was a kid and I've always coveted thme. We have Sprung Brooks on our tandem (B67 captain, B67S stoker) and I don't find mine uncomfortable even though they are not close to being broken in. My wife had some issues with saddle position, but tweaking has corrected them. She actually finds it more comfortable than her previous gel seat by a factor of about 200% and prefers it to the Terry on her half bike.

Pretty much, the seat choice for each rider is very individual. I think most riders who opt for the very cushy comfort saddles will find they are less than wonderful after a few miles of riding. A saddle needs to be wide enough to provide support for the sit bones and to put the majority of one's weight on this part of the anatomy. Also riding style is a major fact in saddle choice. Rule of thumb is more upright riders need a wider saddle. That is not carved in stone, nor even in case-hardened fudge. It is a good place to start the search.

I am very happy with Wall Bike because they helped us make the right choice and they do stand behind their merchandise.

Good luck,
Doc