View Single Post
Old 08-06-15, 06:22 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by clasher
My px-10 has a shimano crane long cage derailleur on it that shifts a suntour frewwheel... the hubs are campy and I'm using the rims that came with it. The front derailleur is a modern shimano tiagra. I'm also running a red clover triplizer and it's nice to have a wide range of gears. Yours also looks much better than mine does. I just built up a second pair of wheels, some clinchers, since I had another pair of high flange record hubs kicking around. The clinchers are open sport rims so there's still a bit of French to it. The px-10 were plentiful bikes compared to some other ones and this is a pretty sweet resto in my books.
Thanks'

One of the elements that give me and everyone else little creative license is the fact that these bikes are not particularly scarce. It's like a 1965 Ford Mustang: a popular, fun and interesting item, but not truly rare.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 08-07-15 at 05:46 AM.