Old 11-14-05, 07:26 PM
magohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie:Movved States Now Suffering!!

Hello All

Last month we moved from sunny California to cold and wet Washington State. Before the move I had been doing pretty good on my new cycling 'kick' and though only riding 7-8 miles per day I was seeing a slow change in weight and fitness level.

Before arriving in WA I had been cycling in CA on very flat terrain and in 80->90 degree weather. I got it down where I could really blast the seven miles out in no time while also having a lot of fun. This was big for me as I am about 40lb overweight.

Today I decided to get back on the bike after a 4 week hiatus (because of the move) and mapped out a 5 mile starter loop in my new WA area. WOW!!! What a difference that first mile is literally vertical ( we now live on a hill ) and I was pushing the pedals so hard the front wheel was 'popping' off the road. I had to stop briefly to fend off a possible heart attack but then made it to the top. The next 4 mile is a fairly straight forward 'up and down' meander and is not too bad except for the 'brutal' cold up here. The temp riding today was 49 degrees and the cold afterburn in my throat feels like fire.

Does anyone have any tips for cold weather,hilly riding? I know Im only going 7 mile or so but it works for me and the weight does slowly drop.

It sure was nice though to get back in the saddle ....