View Single Post
Old 09-11-15, 08:50 AM
bloodfont

Bikes: Dahon Vitesse D7, Biondi (steel frame, road), Peugeot (80s, road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've just started commuting to work (a folding bike is my weapon of choice) and I just can't figure out how to manage my clothes so I can do the cycling clothes - work clothes swap without issues. I've got nowhere to hang the sweaty clothes out to dry, so I've been trying to come up with a clever way to manage my clothes, so here's what I've come up with (please note that I haven't tried any of this yet):
- in a backpac have 3 water proof zip lock bags, one containing work clothes, one empty and one containing a fresh base layer (I'm talking about underpants, t-shirt, socks, nothing fancy, just something that absorbs and holds moisture well) for cycling back home
- once I arrive at work I would take my sweaty base layer and place it inside the empty bag, dry of with a towel and place that in the bag and as well and lock it tight (maybe throw in some catnip in a sock as I've heard it absorbs moisture and odors)
- put on my work clothes and place the top layer cycling clothes into the backpac keeping it open so the clothes will be somewhat dry for going back home (a wet jacket, raincoat or helmet can go on a wire hanger on the clothes stand)
- when going home I would just throw my work clothes in the bag they came in and throw on the fresh base layer, then the outer layer and I'd be good to go
- once I get home I can hand wash the sweaty clothes and the bags they lay in and air out the backpac if required

It does sound quite complicated but I'm trying to figure out the most elegant/fast way of doing this without hanging my sweaty clothes out to dry in my working environment.

I'd like to get your feedback on this. Perhaps some of you already have a better way of managing clothes where hanging out to dry is not an option.
Also, has anybody used catnip or any other product that obsorbs moisture and odors for storing sweaty cycling clothes purposes?

Thanks