Thread: Iverson bikes?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-15, 08:13 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,699 Times in 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
I had an Iverson Charger sting ray bike as a young teen, and it was the most fun I've ever had on a bike.

I rode the heck out of that thing everyday, all day, and it never let me down. If the fit an finish was bad, who knew and who cared back then, it looked cool. We were kids and customizing your stingray was all the rage. I added a way cool sissy bar and bar grips with streamers(ok, the streamers were a bit much I admit!) Yeah, it weighed a metric ton and a half, but I had good legs back then, so again, who cared? It was about the adventures that a stingray bike could bring you to and how cool it looked and the Charger did look pretty cool.

Thanks @theicon1 for bringing your fathers story to us. His company filled an important niche for kids and families with little money...
I think that's something I overlook all the time, providing affordable bikes for kids and families with little money.

Thanks @Giacomo 1

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.