Old 09-30-15, 10:18 AM
ganchan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilfred Laurier
I had an earlier version of those - I can't remember who made them but they looked pretty much identical. They were the least comfortable handlebar I have ever used. I gave them to my buddy who uses them on his café bike, but acknowledges that they are hella uncomfortable and he wouldn't use them if the café was more than one km away.
That'a a pity. I like the minimal rise on them....

So far in my researches, Albatross bars are leading the field in terms of wrist comfort. but I was riding my flat bar today, and honestly, I'm not quite sure how much room for sweep-back I've got. I like the idea of a more natural wrist position in the longterm, because I'm a writer and I want to protect the ol' carpal tunnels and such. So far, though, the flat bar isn't causing any significant discomfort. The ergonomic grips on it also let me rest on my palms, which might not be good in the long run but at least takes my thumbs out of the equation. (I have arthritis in the top joint of both thumbs.) I wonder if a North Road-style bar would create any extra thumb pressure.... I'd better talk to my LBS....