View Single Post
Old 10-28-15, 12:51 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by AngeloDolce
In my experience, passing is a reaction to the bicycle. Motorists generally seem fine when I drive my car at the speed limit, but try to pass even when I exceed the speed limit on a bicycle.
My thoughts exactly. I have too many times that I am riding past the speed limit and a car will force a pass, 'cause bikes (?). So odd.

Earlier this month I was descending a steep hill, doing 35+ MPH in a 30 MPH zone and I'm taking the lane. As the descent turned to a small climb, I slowed below 30 MPH and move to the right to the narrow bike lane/shoulder, I did this so that all all TWO cars behind me to pass and the guy in the second car shouts "GET OFF THE ROAD" as he passes - really!? At no point did I cause this driver to slow. I waved and blew some kisses, then we hit the next down hill and the car in front of him caused him to ride the breaks (staying at the speed limit). I was right on his bumper, and getting excited to talk with him at the upcoming red light. However, he went to take a right and completely failed to stop before making his turn on red. I was so disappointed to miss the chance to tell him what a loving and intelligent person he is. /rant
Likes For Hypno Toad: