Old 11-20-05, 11:18 AM
tippy

Bikes: TREK 1000c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
... For me it turns into migraines most of the time, if I don't do something about it...
You too? I'm also a migraine sufferer. Most people think that a bad headache is a migraine however a true migraine session is more than just a headache. Matter of fact, the pain felt during a tension headache and a migraine session are generated by almost the opposite conditions although pain is pain. With a tension headache, the blood vessels generally constricted reducing blood flow. In a migraine session the blood vessels expand and interact with surrounding nerves which cause the pain among other sensations.

I've read that if you take regular tension headache pills during a migraine session you can actually intensify the pain. So for migraine sessions you should take ONLY the medicine for migraines and not for general stress headaches.

Knowing the difference between the two sources of pain will help you decide how to alleviate the pain.

Of course, I tend to believe what the others said about cold weather. I recently moved from Florida to North Alabama. The temperatures dropped lower than I'm used to (50's for highs) and I've notice in the passed week some minor headaches however I certainly know that these are not migraine sessions.

Good Luck,
tippy