Old 11-10-15, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D1andonlyDman
Again, where in what I posted did you ever come to the misguided conclusion that I have never shimmed a hub for clearance on a frame, but for your failure in reading comprehension? I've done it on numerous bikes, including one that I currently ride, and one that is a current project I'm building up from a dumpster-saved frame and spare parts. It's obvious you mistook my post for that of the OP. I was merely telling the OP that washers which would serve that purpose just fine could be gotten at any Home Depot for well under a dollar. The actual date of my becoming a mechanic and the timing of the 25 year hiatus was irrelevant, which is why it was not specified.

And the grammar that I have has taken me toward a successful career with a comfortable retirement upon cashing out in my mid-forties a decade ago. Hint, it wasn't from a career as a bike mechanic - that was a part time job for a local bike shop during high school, and a subsequent unpaid avocation whilst on my college cycling team.
Your grammar built your retirement - good for you [sarcasm, lest you start in on that, too]. It doesn't show, and attacking my reading comprehension does not further your end therein. I made a comment, and you began a very confusing sub-topic about convoluted timelines and being overweight. I'm still not completely sure what you're on about, I'm just pointing out the glaring flaws in your writing and you keep repeating the same childish insult.

To answer your question, I never assumed anything, I asked you a question myself, trying to make sense of what you're talking about. It was a question as denoted by the syntax and punctuation - perhaps your reading comprehension could use a brush up as well. Maybe we can take a class together?

Last edited by 1983; 11-10-15 at 03:43 PM.