View Single Post
Old 11-21-05, 03:57 AM
The Seldom Kill
imminent danger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd take too hot over too cold every time. It doesn't hurt as much to shift gears.

This morning's ride was highlighted by a sideswiping. A parked car pulled out in front of me and despite my quick reflexes I still managed a light bump. Nothing untoward in the pain and damage department but very annoying. The driver was suitable apologetic but claimed that he couldn't see me because his mirrors were frosted up. I did point out that if I had been an eighteen wheeler he and his kid in the back would have been killed. The look of horror on his face tole me that the "bad parent" feeling had hit and a lesson was learnt.

Later on whilst rolling through Hyde Park another cyclist came off of a side path (cycling prohibited) and careened towards me. Only at the last minute did she lay on the brakes and threw out her rear wheel on a patch of ice. Just not clever in any sense.

I guess that the folk of Britain have had the sensible lobe frozen by the cold weather and are going to act like idiots stacked three deep.